HomeadministrationVance says ABC anchor focusing on 'fake scandal involving Tom Homan'

Vance says ABC anchor focusing on 'fake scandal involving Tom Homan'

administrationOctober 13, 2025
2 min read
Vance says ABC anchor focusing on 'fake scandal involving Tom Homan'
Vice President Vance accused ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos of caring about a "fake scandal" regarding White House border czar Tom Homan on Sunday. Stephanopoulos, during Sunday morning's edit...
Reading Settings

Vice President Vance accused ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos of caring about a "fake scandal" regarding White House border czar Tom Homan on Sunday. 

Stephanopoulos, during Sunday morning's edition of "This Week," asked Vance whether Homan kept or returned a reported $50,000 bribe. Vance deflected, saying the media is “going after” Homan “because he’s doing the job of enforcing the law.”

“You're focused on a bogus story, you're insinuating criminal wrongdoing against a guy who has done nothing wrong, instead of focusing on the fact that our country is struggling because our government shut down,” Vance added. 

The vice president also blamed Democrats and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) for the shutdown, saying that as a result, low-income women are struggling to buy food and members of the military will not receive their next paychecks on Oct. 15. 

Stephanopoulos then ended the interview, cutting Vance off and going to break. In a post on the social platform X later Sunday, Vance said that the ABC anchor “doesn’t care” about stories such as Israel and Hamas agreeing to phase one of a peace deal proposed by the Trump administration, the effects of Chinese rare earth and magnet restrictions on global supply chains and the ongoing shutdown. 

“[Stephanopoulos is] here to focus on the real story: a fake scandal involving Tom Homan,” the vice president added.

Homan, according to multiple reports, accepted the sum last September from undercover FBI agents posing as business executives, in exchange for assistance with receiving government contracts if President Trump returned to office. 

The White House and Homan have denied wrongdoing, with the Justice Department closing the case after Trump took office. FBI Director Kash Patel and Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche told The New York Times last month that prosecutors found “no credible evidence of any criminal wrongdoing” by Homan.

Source: The Hill - News

Share this article

Related Articles

Trump keeps historic meeting with Syria’s leader behind closed doors
Nov 116 months ago

Trump keeps historic meeting with Syria’s leader behind closed doors

President Trump on Monday kept a historic meeting with Syria’s interim President Ahmed al-Sharaa behind closed doors, an unusual move for a president who frequently opens up the Oval Office to cameras...

{"_":"https://thehill.com/?p=5599534","$":{"isPermaLink":"false"}}7 min read
Read More
Wall Street Journal dismisses Trump $2K dividend idea: 'Hail Mary pass'
Nov 116 months ago

Wall Street Journal dismisses Trump $2K dividend idea: 'Hail Mary pass'

The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) editorial board panned President Trump’s proposal to provide $2,000 tariff rebate checks to most Americans, calling it a “Hail Mary pass.” “President Trump has a big tar...

{"_":"https://thehill.com/?p=5599699","$":{"isPermaLink":"false"}}2 min read
Read More
Live updates: Paul stalls shutdown vote as Senate deal inches forward
Nov 106 months ago

Live updates: Paul stalls shutdown vote as Senate deal inches forward

The Senate convened Monday after it voted to advance a proposal that could reopen the federal government.  But Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has slowed any movement on Capitol Hill after raising concern over...

{"_":"https://thehill.com/?p=5597340","$":{"isPermaLink":"false"}}2 min read
Read More
Top BBC bosses step down following criticism of edited Trump speech
Nov 106 months ago

Top BBC bosses step down following criticism of edited Trump speech

Two top officials at the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) stepped down Sunday following criticism of the way the British public broadcaster edited a speech delivered by President Trump on Jan. 6...

{"_":"https://thehill.com/?p=5597976","$":{"isPermaLink":"false"}}4 min read
Read More